Become a Member Today
Subject to the payment of appropriate fees and compliance with such eligibility, selection and other requirements as may apply in respect of a particular benefit, entitlement or right, the Federation shall endeavor to provide the following privileges for affiliated Regional Associations and persons nominated by them:
i. the right to be represented and to vote at Council meetings and National Conferences of the Federation and to vote on special motions as defined in the GCF Constitution, provided that Regional Associations and or individual membership is more than 180 days prior to vote; and In order to cast a valid vote, one must be at the very least be 18 years or older by the date of voting. Notwithstanding there shall be no elections 12 months prior to an Olympiad. However an election shall be called three months after the said Olympiad.
ii. the right to participate in activities conducted by or on behalf of the Federation or in activities conducted by others for which nomination, endorsement or approval of the Federation is a requirement, including:
• national championships,
• international competitions for individuals and teams,
• such other activities as the Federation may from time to time conduct, control, authorize or participate in;
iii. the right to conduct national and international activities on behalf of the Federation;
iv. the right to have results of competitions incorporated in Federation and FIDE ratings systems;
v. the right to be nominated for and receive titles and awards bestowed by the Federation or for which nomination, endorsement or approval by the
vi. Federation is a requirement;
vii. such other privileges as the Federation may from time to time agree to endeavor to provide for affiliated County Associations and persons nominated by them. See copy of GCF Constitution
Payments to the GCF via the MMG account is now available. If you wish to have your own MMG account please follow the instructions below. If not, payments can be made at Merchants (who will charge a minimal fee) where available. If using a Merchant, payments are to be made to the Guyana Chess Federation (m89202).
MMG sign up instructions:
Please note that MMG works as a wallet so you will have to ensure there is money in your wallet before you spend. Money can be added to your wallet through Merchants, Online Banking etc. To Sign up online: https://www.mmg.gy/registration/
- You will need your tin number and ID and pictures of two proof of addresses.
- MMG sends you an OTP (one time password) to your phone every single time you sign on.
- Login to https://www.mmg.gy to make your payment
- To make your payment go to Shop N Go.
- Locate Merchant name from the Drop down menu : Guyana Chess Federation (m89202)
- Proceed to enter the amount you wish to pay. Please do let us know the PHONE NUMBER you are using for your MMG payments. You can also inform GCF when and how much you have paid.
Please let us know if you have any issues. We are here to help. Thank you.
Note: If you have a computer, we recommend using it to sign up because it can be quite a tedious process. Also, using WhatsApp web is a useful tool to get your messages and pictures from your computer.